Feb 27, 2024
Intended for currently admitted graduate students wishing to develop knowledge and skills necessary for studying and working with children, youth, or families from diverse cultural backgrounds internationally and in the U.S.
Graduate Certificate Type
Stand-Alone (earned terminal degree required)
Certificate candidates must currently be admitted to a graduate program at the university or hold a terminal degree and submit an application for the certificate and be officially admitted through the Office of Graduate Admissions.
A minimum 3.50 graduate GPA must be earned in all certificate courses.
Credit Hours Required
12 graduate credit hours
- CFS 635
- Select one of the following
- Select two of the following
- Coursework for the certificate must be completed at the University of Tennessee within a five-year period.
- Other courses may, where appropriate, be substituted for the courses listed above with the permission of the program coordinator.
To receive the certificate, students must:
1) complete the Graduate Certificate Course Verification Form (located on the Graduate School webpage under the Forms Central tab) and
2) through MyUTK, apply to graduate from the certificate program.