Mar 04, 2024
The Master of Business Administration program and the Department of Business Analytics and Statistics offer a coordinated dual program leading to the conferral of both the Master of Business Administration degree with a major in Business Administration and the Master of Science degree with a major in Business Analytics. The dual program saves the student approximately 15 graduate credit hours (one semester) over the time that would be required to earn both degrees independently.
The establishment of the dual program recognizes the increasingly complex world of business and the importance of technical and analytical skills in using data to make strategic and tactical business decisions, the complementary nature of the graduate MBA program and MS Business Analytics program, and the intellectual benefits inherent in concurrent study of both business modeling and analytical tools.
Business Analytics (Coursework Only without Comprehensive Exams)
Business Administration (Coursework Only without Comprehensive Exams)
- Applicants for the MBA-MS Business Analytics program must make separate application to and be accepted by the Office of Graduate Admissions for the Master of Business Administration and the Master of Science with a major in Business Analytics.
- Students should indicate on both applications the intent to pursue the dual MBA-MS program.
- After the MBA application deadline of December 15, applications by United States citizens and permanent residents will be considered as space allows.
- Additional information is required and different application dates are established by Graduate Admissions for international students.
- The MBA Program requires a GMAT score for admissions consideration.
- Students accepted for both the MBA and MS degree programs will be assigned to an advisor from the MBA program and another from the business analytics MS program.
- These advisors will be responsible for course approval and supervision of the students’ progress through the dual program.
- A grade of D or below in any core course is grounds for dismissal from the Master’s in Business Analytics Program.
Credit Hours Required
- 63 graduate credit hours
- Dual Course Requirements
- The Department of Business Analytics and Statistics will award up to 9 credit hours toward the MS Business Analytics for acceptable performance in approved courses offered in the Master of Business Administration.
- The Master of Business Administration will award up to 15 credit hours toward the MBA for acceptable performance in approved graduate-level courses offered in the MS Business Analytics Program.
- The approval of courses is the responsibility of the student and the student’s assigned advisors.
- Program Enrollment
- Students must begin their studies in the MS Business Analytics program. During the first year in the MSBA program, students register as Master of Science in Business Analytics program students. After the first year, they are classified and registered as MBA students.
- Graduation Requirements
- A dual program candidate must satisfy the graduation requirements of both the MS in Business Analytics and the Master of Business Administration.
- Students withdrawing from the dual program before completing both degrees will not receive credit toward graduation in either degree program for courses taken in the other degree program, except as such courses qualify for credit without regard to the dual degree program.
- The MS and the MBA degrees will be awarded upon successful completion of the requirements of the dual program.