Dec 08, 2022
The graduate certificate in Supply Chain Management is designed to help supply chain working professionals build their competency in this rapidly growing field. Preference is given to students with undergraduate degrees in business, engineering, or related fields, and those with experience in Supply Chain Management.
Graduate Certificate Type:
- The Graduate and Executive Education department at the HCB, along with the faculty director from the Department of Supply Chain Management, will review student application files. The following admission standards will guide the process for admission to the program and concentration.
- Meet UTK Graduate School requirements for admission.
- Applicants who hold an undergraduate degree in business, engineering, or related fields will be given preference for admission, as will those with supply chain management work experience.
- Applicants from international programs will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- For non-UTK undergraduate students, additional evaluation material may be required.
- Students must adhere to all UTK ethical and professional standards (see Hilltopics).
- Procedure for Application to the Program and concentration.
- Complete online application through the office of Graduate Admissions.
- Adhere to application deadlines and other requirements as posted on the Haslam College of Business website.
- Students will be admitted for start in a particular semester. However, students can defer admission by up to one calendar year before needing to reapply through the UTK Office of Graduate Admissions.
Credit Hours Required:
- 12 graduate credit hours of Supply Chain Management coursework.
- 9 graduate credit hours of which would also be required should the student choose to apply for acceptance into the Master of Science Supply Chain Management Integrated Supply Chain concentration (DE program).
- SCM 545 (must be taken in the first semester of study)
- SCM 599 (Certificate Capstone Project)
Two courses from the following:
To receive the certificate, students must:
1) complete the Graduate Certificate Course Verification Form (located on the Graduate School webpage under the Forms Central tab) and
2) through MyUTK, apply to graduate from the certificate program.