The graduate certificate in Hypersonics is intended for currently admitted graduate students.
The Mechanical, Aerospace and Biomedical Engineering Department offers a graduate certificate in Hypersonics. The 12 graduate credit hour certificate will enable our graduate students to accomplish the following:
- Students will be able to utilize a knowledge of the foundational scientific disciplines relevant to hypersonic flight to contribute to the development of emerging aerospace systems.
- Students will apply knowledge of interactions between foundational scientific disciplines to understand the significant technical challenges associated with the highly integrated nature of hypersonic systems and to contribute to the multidisciplinary development of such systems.
- Certificate holders will have accomplished coursework in electives focused on particular segments of the broader field of hypersonics.
Graduate Certificate Type
Certificate candidates must currently be admitted to a graduate program at the university or hold a terminal degree and be admitted to the graduate school.
Credit Hours Required
12 graduate credit hours
- AE 525 (3 credit hours)
- Select at least three courses (9 credit hours) from the following*
*Students may request substitution for one of the required courses listed in this bullet; requires approval from the certificate coordinator.
To receive the certificate, students must:
1) complete the Graduate Certificate Course Verification Form (located on the Graduate School webpage under the Forms Central tab) and
2) through MyUTK, apply to graduate from the certificate program.