Sep 26, 2022
The graduate certificate in educational technology is available to any graduate students enrolled at the university. The certificate is intended for currently admitted graduate students wishing to develop a specialization in educational technology to work with students in a variety of capacities. The certificate objectives include:
- Provide students with the expertise and skill to integrate technology into their own teaching.
- Assist students in designing technology-enhanced learning experience for their students.
- Integrate theory with project-based courses in instructional design, e-learning, and emerging trends.
- Develop applicable skills and knowledge in multi device learning, digital collaboration, mobile and cloud technologies, simulation- and game-based learning.
- Prepare students to effectively lead technology-rich learning environments including mobile learning, blended learning, selecting tools, media integration, and standards-based course design.
- Model effective use of current technologies in diverse learning environments.
- Gain a deep understanding of the role of technology in schools.
- Lead change efforts in schools and school districts to improve student achievement.
Graduate Certificate Type
- Applicants can be currently admitted to a degree program at UTK or can apply solely for the Educational Technology Certificate through the Graduate Admissions Office.
- All 12 credit hours of graduate coursework must be completed at the University of Tennessee within five years of applying for a certificate.
Students must maintain a 3.50 graduate GPA in all certificate courses in the program and complete the requirements within five years of applying for a certificate.
Credit Hours Required
12 graduate credit hours
- ETEC 586 (3 hours)
- At least two of the following (6 hours)
- At least one of the following (3 hours)
To receive the certificate, students must:
1) complete the Graduate Certificate Course Verification Form (located on the Graduate School webpage under the Forms Central tab) and
2) through MyUTK, apply to graduate from the certificate program.