The Distance Education online inter-professional graduate certificate in Health Informatics is for those from all disciplines with an interest in issues related to health and healthcare informatics and who meet the UTK Graduate School criteria for admission to graduate certificate programs. Course experiences will foster the examination and application of current health systems information management, analytics processing, and data mining techniques.
Program Learning Outcomes: Students enrolled in the healthcare informatics graduate certificate will:
- Gain specialized knowledge of health information technology systems and processes;
- Analyze and synthesize data related to patient health information to improve outcomes; and
- Advance effective use of healthcare information systems to ensure high-quality outcomes.
Graduate Certificate Type
Stand-Alone (earned graduate degree required)
Certificate candidates must currently be admitted to a graduate program at UT or hold a graduate degree and be admitted for the certificate through the Office of Graduate Admissions.
The College of Nursing will observe the following grading scale:
|A = 92 – 100
||4 quality points
|B+ = 88 – 91
||3.3 quality points
|B = 83 – 87
||3 quality points
|C+ = 78 – 82
||2.3 quality points
|C = 75 – 77
||2 quality points
|D = 67 – 74
||1 quality point
|F = 66 or below
||0 quality points
Credit Hours Required
Minimum 12 graduate credit hours.
To receive the certificate, students must:
1) complete the Graduate Certificate Course Verification Form (located on the Graduate School webpage under the Forms Central tab) and
2) through MyUTK, apply to graduate from the certificate program.