May 24, 2022
Intended primarily for teachers
Course Only with Comprehensive Exam
- Before admission to the Master of Mathematics program, preference will be given to applicants who have either
- Certification for teaching secondary mathematics in at least one state, or
- Three years of elementary school, secondary school, or community college teaching experience. In exceptional circumstances, part of this admission requirement might be satisfied concurrently with course work, or
- The three years of teaching experiences might be satisfied concurrently with course work
- Applicants must have successfully completed one year of calculus (141-142 or equivalent) and a course in matrix algebra (251 or equivalent).
Credit Hours Required
30 graduate credit hours
- Complete 30 graduate credit hours of course work of which 21 must be at the 500-level. The course work must include
- MATH 400
- MATH 460
- MATH 504
- MATH 505
- MATH 506
- MATH 507 , and
- MATH 509 (6 credit hours)
- At most, 6 credit hours may be in areas outside the Department of Mathematics [e.g., Educational Administration (EDAM), Educational Psychology (EDPY), Instructional Technology (IT), Theory and Practice in Teacher Education (TPTE)] selected in consultation with the advisor.
- Pass a final examination upon completion of all course work.